The CRS-500 is Comtech’s next generation 1:N Modem Redundancy System. Intended for hub applications, it provides automatic or manual protection for up to 10 Traffic (or prime) modems with one redundant (or standby) modem.
The CRS-500 supports the CDM-625/625A, CDM-760 and CDM-750 modems for select interfaces. The CDM-625/625A is supported when using the 10/100 Packet Processor mode. The CDM-750/760 is supported when using the G.703 interface or the Gig-E interface in all modes.
- Flexible 1:10 (max.) configuration
- Primary traffic paths are maintained, error-free, when power is removed
- Non-interruption of traffic data when Traffic Modem Interface (TMI) cards are removed
- Bridge mode (hot-standby) redundant modem to ensure quick availability for backup
- Programmable hold-off times to backup or restore
- Programmable preference Selectable Prime Traffic Modem
- Remote (Ethernet or serial) Monitor and Control to switch
- Multiple user interfaces (Web/HTTP, SNMP, MIB, Front panel)
- LED summary panel showing switch and modem status, bridge and online/offline
- Dual independent & hot-swappable/uninterrupted AC or DC power supplies
- Audible alarm programmable to activate, based on various changes in status