- Technical Specifications
- Support Documents
The Skyware Global Type 243 2.4 m Class III RxTx Antenna is a rugged commercial grade product suitable for the most demanding applications. The reflector is thermoset-molded for strength and surface accuracy. Molded into the rear of the reflector is a network of support ribs which not only strengthens the antenna, but also helps to maintain its critical parabolic shape necessary for transmit performance.
The Az/El mount is constructed from heavygauge steel to provide a rigid support to the reflector and feed support arm. Heavy-duty lockdown bolts secure the mount to any 168 mm (6.63”) O.D. mast and prevent slippage in high winds.
Hot-dip galvanizing is standard on this model for maximum environmental
protection. A marinised version of the antenna is also available making it suitable for on-shore and offshore marine enviroments.
- All materials comply with EU directive No. 2002/95/EC (RoHS).
- Two-piece precision offset thermosetmolded reflector.
- Heavy-duty galvanized Az/El mount. Marinised version includes 2 part epoxy paint finish.
- Fine Azimuth and elevation adjustments.
- HD Galvanised support arm and alignment struts. Marinised version has all galvanized steel components finished with 2 part epoxy paint.
- Factory pre-assembled mount.
- Plated hardware for maximum corrosion resistance. optional marinised version uses marine grade AISI 316 stainless steel hardware throughout.
- Includes Ku-band linear crosspolarized RxTx feed assembly.
- Heavy-duty Class III mount for 11 kg (25 lb) RF electronics (LNB & BUC)
|Type Approval Information|
|Intelsat Standard||Standard G & K-3 (IESS 601)|
|Efffective Aperture||2.4m (96 in)|
|TX||13.75 - 14.50 GHz|
|RX||10.70 - 12.75 GHz|
|Gain (±0.2 dB)|
|TX||48.9 dBi @ 14.3 GHz|
|RX||47.4 dBi @ 12.0GHz|
|3 dB Beamwidth|
|TX||0.59° @ 14.3 GHz|
|RX||0.71° @ 12.0 GHz|
|Sidelobe Envelope (Tx, Co-Pol dBi)|
|1°< q <20°||29-25 log q|
|20° < q< 26.3°||-3.5|
|26.3°< q <48°||32-25 log q|
|48°< q <180°||-3.5|
|Antenna Cross-Polarization 30 db (On Axis)|
|26 db in .5 dB Contour|
|Antenna Noise Temperature|
|Isolation(Port to Port)|
|Tx||WR75 Flat Flange|
|Rx||WR75 Flat Flange|
|Reflector Material||Glass Fiber Reinforced Composite|
|Antenna Optics||2-Piece Offset Feed Prime Focus|
|Mount Type||Elevation Over Azimuth|
|Elevation Adjustment Range|| 10° - 90° Continuous
|Azimuth Adjustment Range|| 360° Continuous; ± 12°
|Feed Support||Regular Section with Alignment Legs|
|Mast Size||6.63” (168mm) Diameter|
|Antenna Weight||Approx 110.65Kg (Not Including Mast)|
|Operational Wind Speed||80km/h (50 mph)|
|Functional Survival||200km/h (125 mph)|
|Operational Temperature||-50°C to +80°C|
|Humidity||0 to 100% (Condensing)|
|Atmosphere|| Standard Hardware 720 Hrs
SST Requirements (ASTM B-117)
Marinised Option has AISI 316
Stainless Steel Hardware & 2-Part Epoxy paint
on all Galvanised Steel Components
|Solar Radiation||360 BTU/h/ft2|
|Shock and Vibration|| As Encountered during
Shipping and handling
|(All specifications typical)|