UHP-8000 is a rack-mountable chassis with two integrated UHP-1000 routers, power supplies and IF subsystem. UHP-8000 satellite router is a universal component of highly-efficient satellite networks of any operation mode or topology. Its primary application is in large Hub stations, where multiple UHP routers are cascaded.
UHP-8000 dual router is also a good fit for redundancy solutions with hot standby. Additionally, it can be used in complex remote terminals, where each of the two routers housed in UHP-8000 can operate in its own distinct mode. For example, one of the routers can support SCPC high-speed channel for video or high-speed data application, while the other one can be used for managing the SCPC channel or transporting voice and medium-speed data via TDMA carrier under control from the central station.
Each of the two integrated routers can work independently in any of the supported operation modes and has an individual power supply unit. Various commutation schemes between the integrated routers and the IF subsystem allow UHP-8000 to be used as a universal component of highly-efficient satellite networks of any operation mode or topology.
Innovative algorithms for network access, resource allocation and data encapsulation as well as advanced modulation and coding, implemented in the UHP routers, ensure efficient utilization of satellite resource. Universal modulator can instantaneously switch from TDMA burst mode to SCPC mode, thus assuring high data throughout and efficiency.
UHP-8000 router is supplied in a compact 1U chassis for installation in a standard 19 inch rack. Built-in IF subsystem, two AC power supplies with high power rating and 10 MHz frequency reference ensure reliable operation of the router itself and of the Outdoor RF equipment from multiple vendors.
- SCPC, TDM/TDMA, TDM/TDMA Mesh, Hubless TDMA
- Two built-in, field-replaceable UHP-1000 routers in a 1U chassis
- Independent power supplies of each router
- Superior throughput up to 60'000 pps and 150 Mbps aggregate
- TDMA protocol with LDPC and proven efficiency of 96%
- ACM in forward and return channels, including SCPC mode
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay 570 ms
- VLAN, multi-level QoS, RT traffic handling, TCPA
- Adaptive hierarchic traffic shaper and traffic policy manager
- Built-in web-console, user-friendly software configuration
- Fast network startup: ready for use in a minute upon power-up
- Compatible with majority of C, Ku and Ka-band RF Systems
- Easy to install and reliable operations with MTBF >200'000h