We pioneered Software Defined UHP Architecture for VSAT in 2005 and successfully installed over 170 UHP VSAT networks worldwide. Innovation continues with the latest UHP-240 - the industry-highest processing capability router, which expands the UHP series of VSAT products. UHP-240 is based on a new advanced hardware platform and is backward compatible with previous generations of UHP routers. It comprises multi-channel DVB and MF TDMA demodulators, a universal SCPC/TDMA modulator and a powerful IP router. The primary application of UHP-240 is in high-density Hub stations, where multiple routers can be cascaded in the rack. This satellite router is also a good fit for complex 1:1 redundant terminals.
Innovative algorithms for network access, resource allocation and data encapsulation as well as advanced modulation and coding, implemented in the UHP routers, ensure efficient utilization of satellite resource.
Multiple demodulators allow simultaneous reception of two TDM or SCPC carriers and group of TDMA mesh carriers from two distinct satellite beams or from two antennas. Universal modulator can instantaneously switch from TDMA burst mode to SCPC mode, thus assuring high data throughout and efficiency.
UHP-240 dual satellite router is supplied in a compact 1U chassis for installation in a standard 19 inch rack. Each built-in router has independent interfaces and own power supply ensuring reliable operations of the router itself and of the outdoor RF equipment from multiple vendors. Low power consumption, optional DC power input, and uniquely fast start on power-up facilitate use of alternative power sources, such as solar batteries.
- The world's fastest VSAT router with aggregate throughput up to 450 Mbps
- Two independent DVB demodulators with separate switchable IF inputs
- DVB-S2 QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK with 5% or 20% roll-off
- Multichannel MF-TDMA demodulator with efficiency of 96% vs. SCPC
- Adaptive coding and modulation (ACM) in forward and return channels
- Modes of operation: SCPC, TDM/TDMA, TDM/TDMA Mesh, Hubless TDMA
- HTS-ready VSAT with support of multi-beam, -band, -satellite reception
- Superior IP router productivity up to 226'000 pps
- Reach set of supported protocols, multi-level QoS
- Support of Layer 3 routing architecture and Layer 2 bridging mode
- Two Gigabyte Ethernet user's ports with built-in switch
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay about 570 ms
- Compact full-scale 1U Hub with redundancy and scalable MF-TDMA channels
- Support of 1:1 or 1:N automatic redundancy schemes