The RCS20 M:N Redundancy Switch provides backup switching/protection for up to nine pairs of satellite modem channels (modulators/demodulators). The RCS20 is a companion product to the DMD15/DMD2401/DMD20/DMD50/DM240/DD240 Satellite Modems.
The RCS20 is an intelligent microprocessor-controlled system, capable of controlling up to nine modems in a variety of configurations. The RCS20 is comprised of three separate units that make up the switching system; the Redundancy Control Unit (RCU20) shown above, the Digital Data Switch (DDS20), and the Intermediate Frequency Switch (IFS20), which are not shown.
- Backup switching protection for up to nine (9) Satellite Modems (1 for 9 Protection)
- Flexible backup configuration, 1:9, 2:8, 2 x (1:4), etc.
- Large display with easy-to-use menu structure
- Automatic or manual modes of operation
- Flexible automatic configuration mode
- Independent modulator and demodulator switching
- Two fully-redundant power supplies
- Passive relay switching for terrestrial and IF signals