Q-Flex Modem Overview
The Q-Flex modem embodies a new concept in satellite modem technology - a flexible software-defined modem that does what you want, now and in the future.
The Q-Flex’s flexible hardware platform now provides point-to-point and point-to-multipoint operation in one unit. The Q-Flex™ modem is ideal for handling IP traffic but can be fitted with virtually any type of terrestrial interface and operates at up to 200Mbps. Flexible pricing is achieved by enabling only the features you need at any time. Futureproofing is assured by convenient software upgrades via Ethernet or a memory stick.
Advanced Bandwidth-Efficient Features
The Q-Flex modem supports the most powerful bandwidth-saving technology available. DVB-S2X, the successor to the highly robust and bandwidth-efficient DVB-S2, is supported and includes spectral roll-offs as low as 5%. Paired Carrier overlays transmit and receive carriers reducing satellite bandwidth by 50% (using ViaSat’s patented PCMA technology). FastLink low-latency LDPC is optimised for latency-sensitive applications while giving coding gain that is close to the theoretical limits. Bandwidth-saving IP features include ACM, acceleration and header and payload compression.
Built-in Spectrum Analyzer showing LinkGuard™ Signal-Under-Carrier interference detection without/with interferer present.
- Dual IF/L-band operation
- Data rates to 200Mbps
- XStream IP advanced IP optimization suite, including TCP acceleration, header & payload compression, dynamic routing, traffic shaping, encryption & ACM
- DVB-S2X, FastLink LDPC & TPC
- Terrestrial interfaces include Ethernet & optical Ethernet, EIA-530, G.703 & ASI
- Optimized spectral roll-offs, including 5%
- Paired Carrier carrier overlay
- LinkGuard signal-under-carrier interference detection
- Built-in spectrum & constellation monitors
- DVB Carrier ID. Fully compliant with DVBCID standard
- Multi-demod option
- Q-NET Navigator network M&C application included as standard
- DVB-S2X modulation up to 256APSK
Markets and Applications
- IP trunking and IP backhaul
- Corporate networking
- Mobile/G.703 backhaul
- Disaster recovery
- Maritime, oil & gas communications
- Intelligence gathering