The General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies lightweight 1.8- meter motorized flyaway antenna is designed for worldwide transmit and receive operation in C, X, Ku and Ka-band. This flyaway antenna consists of a carbon fiber composite reflector, a cable-driven elevation-over-azimuth positioner and an aluminum/CFRP support structure. This results in a low-weight, motorized antenna with superior stiffness and high performance under wind loading conditions.
The unique shape and the accurate reflector surface provide exceptionally low sidelobe and cross-polarization performance meeting INTELSAT and EUTELSAT requirements. Repeatability is maintained with precision registration of the nine reflector segments and the feed support structure. The interchangeable feeds are palletized for quick, easy removal and replacement, allowing the enduser to effectively change frequency bands in the field within minutes. The complete antenna system, including a single feed and a motorized positioner, is packaged in four robust, portable cases.
- Carbon fiber reflector: Lightweight, precision surface and high stiffness
- Cable-driven positioner: Composite/aluminum construction, lightweight, sturdy
- Easy deployment: Two-person assembly in less than 15 minutes, captive hardware and precision alignment
- Auto-acquisition with DVB reference
- 24 VDC or 100-240 VAC input
- High performance: Low sidelobes and high EIRP capability