MFC 7983D C-Band Radar Elimination Interference Filter
MFC 7893D C-Band Radar Elimination Filter offers extremely low loss, typically less than 1.0 dB max on receive signals.
Historically, the solution for eliminating out-of-band interference (ex. - RADAR) has been to install a highly-selective bandpass filter. Specifically, a filter with a passband corresponding to that region's standard footprint (ex. - 3700-4200 MHz, 3400-4200 MHz, etc.).
However, not long ago, WiMAX began operating in the (3400-3800) MHz frequency band in many regions around the world. This common band operation causes in-band interference at C-band receive sites that cannot be eliminated with "standard footprint" BPFs.
Example: WiMAX - operating at 3700 MHz - causes interference at a C-band receive site (where the footprint is 3700-4200 MHz). A standard footprint BPF will pass all frequencies from 3700 4200 MHz (ex. - including the interfering WiMAX signal).
Solution: Install an MFC model 7893D-3780/4200 bandpass filter that will provide 30 dB rejection at 3700 MHz and will pass all remaining C-band from (3780-4200) MHz.
- Low Insertion Loss - Typically less than 1 dB
- Also Rejects Transmit Band (5800-6725 MHz) >70 dB Typ - Eliminating the need for a separate TRF
- Low Group Delay Variation - 8 nS Max
- Compact Size - For easy installation on single or multi-feed LNBs
- Superior VSWR Performance - 1.5:1 Max