FastLink LDPC is a low-latency Low Density Parity Code FEC from Paradise designed specifically for latency-sensitive applications.
The performance of traditional forward error correction schemes represents a trade-off between latency and coding gain. FastLink LDPC has been designed by Paradise engineers from the ground up to optimize latency and throughput while giving coding gain that is close to the theoretical limits.
FastLink LDPC has better or comparable latency and coding gain performance relative to conventional LDPC and TPC, meaning potentially that no other FEC may ever be required.
- Operation from 18kbps up to 100Mbps
- Supports symbol rates from 18ksps up to 40Msps
- Modulation: BPSK, (O)QPSK, 8PSK, 8QAM, 16APSK, 16QAM, 32APSK and 64QAM
- Ultra low latency for latency-sensitive applications
- Reduction in latency of up to 90% compared to DVBS2
- Outstanding coding gain
- Replaces TPC and conventional LDPC
- User configurable - optimize latency, BER performance or both
- FastLink LDPC is available on all Evolution and Quantum modems and on most Q Series modems (including the Q-Flex and Q-Lite)
- All modulations and all data rates up to 100Mbps supported for a single, low price (Q Series only)
- New, second-generation implementation with enhanced performance!