The DD240XR Digital Video Broadcast Demodulator is DVB-S and DVB-S2 compliant. It is an ideal choice for high data rate video and Internet applications, meeting the latest in DVB standards EN300-421, EN301-210 and EN302-307. The unit supports QPSK, 8PSK and 16-QAM applications for DVB-S and QPSK, 8PSK, and 16APSK for DVB-S2 up to 45 Msps. Supporting a variety of data and IF interfaces, the DD240XR is configurable to meet all high-speed satellite applications. With field upgradeable features, the DD240XR can be easily upgraded, adding features like DVB-S2, 8PSK, 16-QAM and 16APSK.
The powerful onboard Monitor and Control (M&C) processor has the unique capability to download upgraded firmware and enhanced features from a field-changeable PCMCIA card. Features can be added to the installed equipment base with extreme ease, allowing enhancements with changes in service while lowering initial installation budgets.
The DD240XR offers a frequency-agile IF input from 950 to 2150 MHz and 50 to 90 or 100 to 180 MHz. DVB-S variable data rates from 2 Mbps to 144 Mbps can be set in 1 bps steps. DVB-S2 variable data rates from 2 Mbps to 160 Mbps.
- DVB-S and MPEG-2 compliant EN 300-421
- DVB-DSNG compliant EN 301-210
- DVB-S2 compliant EN 302-307
- Feature and software upgrades are readily available through easy-to-install PCMCIA feature cards
- Data rates up to 144 Mbps for DVB-S
- Data rates up to 160 Mbps for DVB-S2
- QPSK, 8PSK and 16-QAM operation in DVB-S
- QPSK, 8PSK and 16APSK operation in DVB-S2
- Reed-Solomon outer coding and LDPC/BCH
- Frequency-agile 50 to 90, 100 to 180 and 950 to 2150 MHz
- User-friendly front panel interface
- Optional redundancy configuration
- Internal doppler buffer