The CDM-760 Advanced High-Speed Trunking Modem builds on our award-winning family of high-speed, ultra efficient trunking modems. The CDM-760 further enhances our offerings to include ultra wide band symbol rates, near theoretical performance with minimal implementation loss, a variety of high efficiency MODCOD selections, Super Jumbo Frame (SJF) Ethernet support and many other value-added features.
The CDM-760 Advanced High-Speed Trunking Modem was designed to be the most efficient, highest throughput, point-to-point trunking modem available. The CDM-760 accommodates the most demanding Internet Service Provider (ISP) and telco backhaul links by offering users the most advanced combination of space segment saving capabilities while minimizing the need for unnecessary overhead.
DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier, based on patented “Adaptive Cancellation” technology, allows transmit and receive carriers of a duplex link to share the same transponder space.
Figure 1 shows the typical full duplex satellite link, where the two carriers are adjacent to each other. Figure 2 shows the typical DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier operation, where the two carriers are overlapping, thus sharing the same spectrum.
When observed on a spectrum analyzer, only the Composite is visible. Carrier 1 and Carrier 2 are shown in Figure 2 for reference only.
CDM-760 Advanced High-Speed Trunking Modem Details
- Symbol Rate: 0.1 to 150 Msps
- Data Rate: 0.1 to 314 Mbps
- DVB-S2 ETSI EN 302 307 & DVB-S2X EN 302 307-2 compliant
- DVB-S2-EB1&EB2 Efficiency Boost technology
- DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression
- ACM and CCM
- Embedded MetaCarrier DVB-CID ETSI TS 103 129
- GSE – low overhead <1% encapsulation
- K4 GZIP lossless compression
- Automatic Uplink Power Control (AUPC)
- Dynamic Pre-Distortion (DPD)
- Super Jumbo Frame 64 - 10,240 Byte Support (In Non Packet Processor Mode)
- Packet Processor with > 190,000 PPS simplex and > 350,000 PPS duplex
- 9,000 Byte Jumbo Frame (In Packet Processor Mode)
- Layer 3 Routed Mode operation with up to 256 static routes (>105,000 PPS simplex, >150,000 PPS duplex)
- Modulation: QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK
- Dual IF: 70/140 MHz, L-Band and L-Band monitor (standard)
- Data Interfaces
- 2 Gigabit 10/100/1000Base-T interfaces (standard)
- 1 Optical Gigabit interface (optional)
- Processes > 600,000 pps simplex, 1.2M pps duplex
- PIIC optional interface cards
- ASI (DVB Asynchronous Serial Interface)
- G.703 E3/T3/STS-1 (34.368, 44.736, 51.84 Mbps)
- STM-1 Copper SDH (155.52 Mbps)
- OC-3 SONET single mode or multi-mode 1300 nm (155.52 Mbps)
- Multistream capable (Multi-Interface mux)
- Supports Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) mode operation
- Management: HTTP, SNMP, Telnet, RS-232/485
- In-band (over satellite) M&C control
- 1:1 and 1:N redundancy switching available