The CDM-570A and the CDM-570AL are our next generation satellite modems that provide industry-leading performance and flexibility in a 1 RU package at a very competitive price. With support for VersaFEC® low latency LDPC Forward Error Correction (FEC), the revolutionary DoubleTalk® Carrier-in-Carrier® bandwidth compression, and optimized transmit filter rolloffs, the CDM-570A and CDM-570AL provide significant bandwidth savings. This combination of advanced technologies enables multi-dimensional optimization, allowing satellite communications users to:
- Minimize operating expenses (OPEX)
- Maximize throughput without using additional transponder resources
- Maximize availability (margin) without using additional transponder resources
- Minimize capital expenses (CAPEX) by allowing a smaller BUC/amplifier and/or antenna
- Or, a combination to meet specific business needs
The modems are available with 70/140 MHz or L-Band IF and EIA-530/-422, V.35, sync EIA- 232 and G.703 T1/E1 data interfaces. The CDM-570A/L-IP include a high-performance packet processor for IP-centric applications.
Who are the typical users?
- Offshore & Maritime
- Mobile Network Operators
- Satellite Service Providers
- Internet Service Providers
What are the common applications?
- Enterprise Networks
- Offshore & Maritime Communications
- Mobile Backhaul
- Communications on-the-Move
- Disaster Recovery & Emergency Communications
- Satellite News Gathering
DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier, based on patented “Adaptive Cancellation” technology, allows transmit and receive carriers of a duplex link to share the same transponder bandwidth. DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier is complementary to all advances in modem technology, including advanced FEC and modulation techniques. As these technologies approach theoretical limits of power and bandwidth efficiencies, DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier utilizing advanced signal processing techniques provides a new dimension in bandwidth efficiency.
Figure 1 shows the typical full-duplex satellite link, where the two carriers are adjacent to each other.
Figure 2 shows the typical DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier operation, where the two carriers are overlapping, thus sharing the same spectrum.
When observed on a spectrum analyzer, only the Composite is visible. Carrier 1 and Carrier 2 are shown in Figure 2 for reference only.
As DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier allows equivalent spectral efficiency using a lower order modulation and/or code rate, it can reduce the power required to close the link thereby reducing CAPEX by allowing a smaller BUC/amplifier and/or antenna. Alternatively, DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier can be used to achieve very high spectral efficiencies E.g., DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier when used with 16-QAM approaches the bandwidth efficiency of 256-QAM.
When combined with VersaFEC or TPC and optimized transmit filter rolloffs, DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier provides unprecedented savings in transponder bandwidth and power utilization. This allows for its successful deployment in bandwidth-limited and powerlimited scenarios, as well as reduction in earth station BUC/amplifier power requirements.
- DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression
- Carrier-in-Carrier Automatic Power Control (CnC-APC)
- VersaFEC low latency LDPC
- VersaFEC Adaptive Coding & Modulation (ACM) for point-to-point IP circuits
- 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% and 35% Transmit Filter Rolloff
- Data rate range from 2.4 kbps to 10.239 Mbps
- CDM-570A: 50 to 90 or 100 to 180 MHz IF range
- CDM-570AL: 950 to 2250 MHz IF range
- Modulation: BPSK, QPSK, OQPSK, 8PSK, 8-QAM, 16-QAM
- Forward Error Correction (FEC) options include VersaFEC, Turbo Product Code (TPC), Viterbi, Reed-Solomon, and Trellis Coded Modulation (TCM)
- Data Interfaces: EIA-422/530, V.35, G.703 T1/E1, sync EIA-232, 10/100Base-T Ethernet (option)
- High-performance Packet Processor with 10/100Base-T Ethernet port (CDM-570A-IP and CDM-570AL-IP)
- Vipersat Management System (VMS) integration (CDM-570A-IP and CDM-570AL-IP)
- Header and payload compression ((CDM-570A-IP and CDM-570AL-IP)
- Quality of Service (QoS) (CDM-570A-IP and CDM-570AL-IP)
- Management via SNMP, Web, Telnet or Command Line Interface (CDM-570A-IP and CDM-570AL-IP)
- G.703 clock extension
- Automatic Uplink Power Control (AUPC)
- Embedded Distant-end Monitor and Control (EDMAC/EDMAC2)
- Redundancy options
- CDM-570A: FSK communications to CSAT-5060 or KST-2000A
- CDM-570AL: 10 MHz reference for BUC, FSK communications and optional BUC power supply
- CDM-570AL: 10 MHz reference and power supply for LNB