1.8m Vehicle-Mount / DriveAway Mobile VSAT Overview
AvL's Model 1878 Vehicle-Mount / DriveAway Mobile VSAT antenna features an offset 1.8m reflector and the patent-pending AvL Cable Drive positioner for reliability and ease of operation. The Model 1878K mobile broadband antenna system is a motorized, palletized antenna with a Fixed Ku-Band Precision feed or a Fixed C-Band feed. The Model 1878 provides connectivity in remote environments worldwide where larger aperture antennas are desired to combat rain-fade and weaker satellite signals.
Created for use where performance really matters, AvL's Vehicle-Mounted / DriveAway Mobile Broadband systems enable video, voice, IP and data communication anywhere in the world, with the push of a single button. The precision of AvL's patent-pending AvL Cable Drive positioners paired with the ease of one-button Auto-Acquisition and superior technical support make our vehicle mount antennas ideal for non-technical antenna operators.
Key featues for AvL Model 1878
- Offset 1.8m AvL Engineered Composite Reflector
- Zero Backlash AvL Cable Drive
- Standard Transmit Rotary Joint on Feed for C-Band, Optional for Ku-Band
- Stows to 22.1" H (56.1 cm H) with Ku-Band feed
- Can be mounted onto large SUV or van
- Versatile vehicle-mount pallet with optional Thule bar interface
- Fixed Ku-Band Precision feed or Fixed C-Band feed
- Feed rotation for polarization
- One button auto-acquisition controller
- 400 degree azimuth range
- Hand cranks on all axes
- Integrated GPS
- Level sensors for automatic vehicle tilt compensation and automatic cross pol alignment
- Options include 1RU rack mounts and minimized stow height
- The 1.8m vehicle-mount / drive away Mobile VSAT antenna family includes the following models:
- Model 1878 Ku-Band with Fixed 2-port Precision Ku-band feed (standard Cross-Pol comp.)
- Model 1878 C-Band with Fixed 2-port Standard C-Band or Fixed 2-Port INSAT C-Band feed
For Electrical Specifications, click on the image below.
(More information can also be found on the Technical Specification tab.)